Dreams...
Whenever I walked along the linkway between the North and Northeast line at Dhoby Ghaut station, I would be struck by how people around me seemed to be rushing to get from one station point to the other. I often wondered whether these people knew what they were rushing toward, or what they were rushing away from. It reminded me of how, in life, people often work hard to pursue their goals. But how often were these goals what they truly wanted and dreamt of? As kids, we had big dreams and ambitions... some were idealistic, some out-of-the-world. But still, they were dreams of hope, dreams of the bright future and happiness to come. Yet, along the way, in our mindless pursuit of what we deemed as important, we get buried in the hassles of life... We become distracted... We fall into temptations... We forget our dreams... We forget where we originally came from, and our intended destination... We simply lose ourselves.
These thoughts often make me feel that life is sad and jaded. But when such times occur, I would try to remind myself of the hopes and dreams I had as an innocent child. Somehow, that gave me the courage to dream again, to believe, and to hold on to the hope that some time, somewhere down the future, the beautiful images of the kind of life I've always dreamt of as a child would one day become reality.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home